Position Title: Sr. M&E Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer in Argentina, the successful candidate will provide specialized support to
the information management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting needs of the Country Office.
The successful candidate is expected to carry out the position duties in accordance with strict ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural sensitivities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist and guide the team in terms of standardizing and localizing information managementfor better M&E tracking.
2. Provide support to relevant counterparts to implement the process of monitoring targets and indicators using agreed M&E Frameworks and work plans, including application of
standardized M&E tools and facilitate and guide their application within the project area of responsibility.
3. Facilitate access to M&E data to relevant stakeholders.
4. Organize regular M&E coaching sessions for colleagues and Implementing Partners (IPs) in the field to promote adherence to agreed standards of implementation; create greater
awareness of reporting requirements; encourage widespread use of appropriate data collection methods; and gather feedback regarding the effectiveness of these methods.
5. Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation and indicators and reports any issue to the supervisor.
6. Assist in the circulation of relevant information to relevant IOM project managers and other officers in the country office on both quantitative and qualitative monitoring aspects of the
7. Draft, consolidate, analyze, and review monitoring reports to be shared with relevant stakeholders.
8. Support and provide inputs to the mid-term and final internal evaluations.
9. Provide relevant IM/M&E information and assistance in the development of projects in particular in order to meet the requirements on M&E as set out by donors and IOM M&E
10. Assist in the development of thematic/sectoral reports as required and to be used for internal and external communications materials, highlighting outcomes and impact across
the thematic areas and when applicable, to specific areas or groups of beneficiaries.
11. Respond to information requests and inquiries.
12. Conduct and supports frequent surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economy, Social Demography, Sociology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience, or
University degree in political science, sociology, social anthropology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
Experience in research, surveys and data collection, analysis, interpretation and management, and operational research.
Experience in Information Management for Programme Monitoring and Evaluation.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web
based management systems is required. Strong drafting skills
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Terms of reference
Please find them here.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via mail (CV and cover letter) to the following address: IOMNOBueVacancies@iom.int, by September 27h, 2021 at the latest.
Please send your application with the following text as email subject: VacanteNO/5-2021 –Sr. M&E Assistant
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.